Wednesday, October 3, 2007

This week has been been discouraging. I'm glad it's hump-day so I know that things will get better. Don't get me wrong, I'm trying to stay positive, but I have learned from today alone that being a student who believes in any sort of cause makes you automatically marginalized. I feel like I've been pouring myself into APSA, and while it has made me love people like no other, it's also been really hard to gain support from everyone else (the man). I hate drama. I don't have any desire to climb a hierarchy of bullshit. I don't want to over throw the student government. I don't want to be the center of attention. And I do not want to jeopardize who I know I am just because of stupid stuff that happens. After being chewed out I walked out the door and starting crying and calling Jesse Cheng who is like gangrene on my leg that I keep wanting to chop off but it will hurt too much and ended up missing the first meeting I set up because I was so upset. I am not that strong of a person. Here it is. I am trying my hardest to be a good friend / organizer / student / partner / sister / leader I can be.

Last night Al did this really great activity where there was a list of over forty values and we had to pick ten narrow it down to five, then four - three - two - one.:

Community
Effectiveness
Involvement
Responsibility and Accountability
Order
Meaningful Work

Ethical Practice
Friendships
Having a Family
Inner Harmony


I'm putting this here to remind myself of what I value most. This is the way I lead. What better way to get to know me, right.

But on a very positive note, aside from WOW MOM awkwardness, I am so proud of Hip Hop Congress. I went to the meeting and Taha and Geo are amazing. I am so excited for this year, still. It will be majestic!

Here are three things that make me happy:

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
How fully stocked our fridge is.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Dorosister in the woods with her new red glasses

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

1 comment:

Dorothy said...

Why am I peeing from the ears?