Friday, March 7, 2008

So.. I'm feeling kind of accomplished and grown up right now. I am trying to get my shit together for real. I am really working hard in school, even though I'm taking the time away from studying Chinese to write this. At the moment, I feel like I'm in a good place. I just got everything (SAR, letter of rec, form, transcript [okay, I'm getting that tomorrow] & statement about what it means to be an Asian American) together for this OCAPICA scholarship. It feels grown up. I am taking time (or as much as I can manage) away from Irvine (and by Irvine I mean everything outside of me and schoolwork) and trying to really focus on making myself more at peace with everything. I mean not stressing over APSA continuously, not worrying about Hip Hop Congress, not letting all this Umbrella Council stuff faze me, just being good with everything, you know?

These past few months I've been way too stressed out. My period is going to be normal (the pill can't even regulate my life) and I am going to cook amazing things to eat. This next week, I'm going to focus on burrrrritos and making warm and flavorful fillings to be wrapped in soft and slightly sweet tortillas.

My ipod fixed itself (after being plugged into my computer saying that it is broken broken broken for 12 houors) and now I listen to John Legend - Stay With You on repeat because it makes me feel like everything will be alright. I feel like my relationships with people outside of orgs and whatnot are growing. I love my sister. I love her so much. She was so insistent today on telling me about the subtle nuances of Ray-Jay, why Mariah Carey is so great, and about traffic.

So this is my life.

No comments: